An apprenticeship is a full time employment based training program usually lasting 3-4 years. It combines on the job learning and scheduled training with a registered training provider such as Durack Institute of Technology.
We provide scheduled training for the following apprenticeship qualifications
- Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
- Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery
- Certificate III in Electro-technology (Electrician)
- Certificate III in Plumbing
- Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical Technology (Light Duty, Heavy Road, Mobile Plant Agriculture)
- Certificate III in Engineering (Mechanical Trade)
- Certificate III in Engineering (Fabrication Trade)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
You as the employer are obliged to provide your Apprentice with the following
- Employment and training for the duration of the Apprenticeship
- Every opportunity to learn the skills of the trade
- Necessary time off work, with pay, to attend and complete the relevant off-the-job training
- A working environment and conditions which contribute to the learning of the trade
- The Apprentice’s Training Journal as required for on-the-job assessment
- Ensuring that apprentice brings the Training Journal when attending Durack Institute of Technology
Durack employs Training Support Services (TSS) Officers whose positions are designed to assist in all areas associated with Apprenticeship training and to provide high levels of customer service to employers of Apprentices.
Our Apprentice TSS Officers can be contacted on 9956 2818 or 9956 2773 for any information regarding Apprentice training schedules, results, enrolment details or course options.
If you would like to support an apprenticeship you will need to contact the Apprenticeship Office first. The Apprenticeship Office manages all apprenticeships and traineeships in WA.
The local Apprenticeship Office is located in Margaret House on Chapman Road in Geraldton. They can be contacted on 9964 1022.
FT - Full time
PT - Part time
FLX - Flexible
RPL - Recognition of prior learning
ONL - Online
OPL - Open learning
PRE - Preapprenticeship
APP - Apprenticeship
TRN - Traineeship
WPA - Workplace assessment