A Traineeship is a full time employment based training program usually lasting 12 months or more.
Please note that Western Australia makes a distinction between apprentices and trainees. However in the Australian Apprenticeships system, all trainees/apprentices are referred to as Australian Apprentices.
You as the employer are obliged to provide your Trainee with the following
- Employment, training and supervision for the duration of the Traineeship
- Every opportunity to learn the skills of the Qualification
- Necessary time off work, with pay, to attend and complete off-the-job training if this is required
- A working environment and conditions which contribute to the learning of the Qualification
- To work with us to develop a training plan that will be reviewed regularly
We employ Training Support Services (TSS) Officers whose positions are designed to assist in all areas associated with Traineeship training and to provide high levels of customer service to employers of Trainees.
Our Trainee TSS Officer can be contacted on 9956 2828 for any information regarding Trainee results, enrolment details or course options.
If you would like to support a Traineeship you will need to contact the Apprenticeship Office first. The Apprenticeship Office manages all apprenticeships and traineeships in WA.
The local Apprenticeship Office is located in Margaret House on Chapman Road in Geraldton. They can be contacted on 9964 1022.
FT - Full time
PT - Part time
FLX - Flexible
RPL - Recognition of prior learning
ONL - Online
OPL - Open learning
PRE - Preapprenticeship
APP - Apprenticeship
TRN - Traineeship
WPA - Workplace assessment