09 February 2015 (08:00)
- 12 February 2015 (12:00)
Celebrate Library Lovers’ Day at Durack Institute Library
Thursday 12 February 2015
Move over St Valentine’s because 14 February is also Library Lovers’ Day but we will be celebrating on Thursday 12 as none of us work Saturdays! And we thought the 13th was a bit off too…
Library Lovers’ Day is a chance for everyone to connect with the library and share the library love. This initiative, coordinated by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), aims to raise the profile of the services which libraries offer. Australia’s libraries provide quality information services that support lifelong learning, significantly impacting the cultural, education and information industries.
Check out the program below to see what’s on: competitions, prizes, morning tea…
- All week – Borrow a resource and receive a red heart lollypop or a heart conversation lollies pack.
- All week – Contribute to the display of favourite books from your childhood and as an adult. We would love staff and students to bring in their books and we promise to look after them (one of each).
- All week – Competitions open to all staff and students. Details below. Be in it to win it. Winners announced Thursday at morning tea.
- Thursday 12th – Bring and Share morning tea 10-10.30 am in the Library. Bring something edible in red! Hot water provided but bring your own cuppa!
- Thursday 12th - Competition winners announced and prizes presented.
- Email us (email@example.com) or collect a paper heart from the Library and tell us what you love about libraries especially ours. Include name and contact details and pin it up on the board in the Library. Best response wins.
- Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or collect a paper heart from the Library and tell us what your favourite childhood book is and your favourite books as an adult. Include name and contact details and pin it up on the board in the Library. Most interesting wins.