01 September 2015 (08:00)
- 18 September 2015 (04:30)
The Mid West and Gascoyne VETiS Awards are a great way to gain recognition for the hard work and achievements made within the vocational education and training sector.
- Why nominate?
- Who can enter?
- How to complete and submit your nomination
- Eligibility criteria
- Selection process
- Assistance writing your application
- Preparing your application
1. Why nominate?
For schools: the Awards are an excellent promotional tool and validation of how your innovative training programs have benefited your students.
For businesses, the Awards provide a benchmark of excellence that places your organisation at the forefront in an increasingly competitive market.
All Student Category Award Winners will receive a $100 gift voucher to use in their industry and a framed certificate recognizing their achievement. All Category Finalists will also be recognized at the Award event.
The highlight of the event will be the announcement of the overall 2015 Mid West and Gascoyne VETiS Student of the Year Award presented to the most outstanding student from any of the nominated categories in year 11 or 12 who will win a 32GB iPad with Retina Display!
Want to find out more... Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest developments.
2. Who can enter?
Student nominations for the Mid West and Gascoyne VETiS Awards are welcome from any Teacher, Trainer, VET Coordinator or Host Employer in the Mid West or Gascoyne region. Categories include:
- Aboriginal Vocational Education and Training (VET) Student
- Education Support Student
- Pre-Apprenticeship in Schools Program
- Employment Based Training
- Certificate II or Higher Vocational Studies Student
Employers may be nominated by any member of School Staff, Parent/Guardian or Student involved in the program in the Mid West or Gascoyne region. Categories include:
- Small Business (fewer than 15 employees)
- Medium Business (fewer than 200 employees)
- Large Business (more than 200 employees)
All applicants must meet the eligibility criteria to apply.
3. How to complete and submit your nomination
All Mid West and Gascoyne VETiS Awards nominations need to complete an application form. Applications packs are available for download below or from your secondary school or employer:
2015 VETiS Awards STUDENT Application Pack
2015 VETiS Awards STUDENT Category Guidelines
2015 VETiS Awards EMPLOYER Nomination Pack
4. Eligibility criteria
Review the eligibility section on the application form to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and are nominating in the correct category. Applicants must:
- have been participating in training programs for secondary school students within the past two years and
- be participants of training packages or industry/enterprise competency standards that lead to qualifications or statements of attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Read the conditions of entry
Ensure you read and agree to all of the conditions of entry before submitting your application.
For students, all applications must be approved by their School Principal and Parent/Guardian.
Answer all questions
Provide an application addressing each of the questions.
Submit your nomination
After completion of the appropriate nomination form, agreeing to the terms and conditions, addressing each of the questions and attachments supporting the claims made in your application, send your application to the Selection Panel as indicated on the application form.
Durack Coordinator Education & Training Programs
P: (08) 9956 2802 E: email@example.com
You will receive a confirmation email or letter by the Selection Panel acknowledging receipt of your nomination.
5. Selection process
For all student award categories there is a selection panel that considers all nominations based upon the criteria and the standards required. They then select up to three finalists who are interviewed.
The selection panel selects one of the three finalists as the winner, taking into consideration their application and interview to identify the best in the category.
The members of the judging panels will be interested in your achievements over the last two years or as appropriate.
Applications will be ranked on the information provided in relation to career and study achievements, personal skills and any third party reports.
6. Assistance writing your application
Students may request assistance from any Parent, Teacher, Trainer, VET Coordinator or Host Employer to complete their application.
7. Preparing your application
Your submission must use the appropriate application form either for students or employers.
As a guide, you may also want to attach evidence supporting the claims made in your application such as sporting or community service awards, customer service or feedback/ surveys, scholarships, special recognition by your employer or letters of reference.
When completing your application, check that you:
- Award category nominated
- Education and Training Details included
- Nominee details completed
- Principal/Parent/Guardian’s Signature provided
- Copies of Academic Records and Results provided
- Brief Report from RTO Lecturer
- Copies of Curriculum Council Year 11/12 Statement of Results including VET that you have achieved to date
- Student Signature
- meet the closing date and time for nomination of 18 September 2015 at 4:30pm; late submissions will not be accepted