31 October 2015 (07:30)
- 31 October 2015 (04:30)
Join the Batavia Coast Maritime Institute on a full day boat trip to the Houtman Abrolhos, an amazing archipelago consisting of 122 islands which network over an expansive 100km of ocean.
Perfect for the adventurous, this boat trip offers a once in a lifetime experience to explore the beautiful, but treacherous reef-surrounded atolls.
click on image to download poster
Included in the trip:
- Visit a partnership project that provides habitat for threatened species
- Possibility to see both seabird and sealion colonies
- Information on local provenance habitat restoration
- Discuss control of WoNS and other key weeds
- Snorkelling amongst the marine wonders of the islands
- Try your luck at catch-and-release fishing
- Lunch aboard the 20m vessel ‘The Masterclass’
To book, contact the field trip organiser at Batavia Coast Maritime Institute on 9956 6175.