Our Cibatek Centre provides our currently enrolled students with 24 hour access to modern computing facilities.
Students can access the internet, student portal, printing and photocopying services. PC's are installed with Microsoft Office software and some multimedia software.
It is located in the Library, in X Block on the Geraldton campus. Bookings are not required to use the Centre.
Should you wish to use the Centre after hours, see the Library staff to complete an application. This is required to set up security access with your student card.
After Hours Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with the College's policy for student computer usage.
- The facility is provided for use by students enrolled at the College's Geraldton campuses. This includes full-time, part-time or flexible learning students
- An application form must be completed and handed to the Library staff. Your application will be processed within 24 hours
- Students under the age of 18 must have signed permission from a parent/guardian to use the Centre after hours
- Access after-hours is via the rear external door using your student card. Entrance is wheelchair accessible
Conditions of Use
- Students are required to have their Student Card with them at all times, as they may be asked to present it to staff. Unauthorised persons are not permitted at any time and will be asked to leave immediately
- Any authorised user aiding or abetting unlawful access (providing access to a third party) will have their access withdrawn for an appropriate period. This action will be taken where it is clearly established by due process that such transgression has occurred and that the identity of the transgressor has been properly established
- Eating and drinking are not permitted
- Children and animals (excepting guide/hearing dogs) are not permitted after hours
- Smoking is prohibited.
- A phone is provided for students for emergency use only. This is linked to the local police station. Misuse will result in penalties as per 2
- After-hours access is disabled at the end of each semester. Continuing students must reapply at the commencement of the new semester
- Users who lose or have their cards stolen must notify the Library staff immediately
- Damaged or stolen cards will be disabled and replaced. Replacement cards incur a fee
- Access and computer usage are monitored 24 hours
- Work must be saved to either your own student network file or a thumb drive. Do not use the C: Drive
- All technical problems should be reported to Library staff immediately
FT - Full time
PT - Part time
FLX - Flexible
RPL - Recognition of prior learning
ONL - Online
OPL - Open learning
PRE - Preapprenticeship
APP - Apprenticeship
TRN - Traineeship
WPA - Workplace assessment