How to Join
All students enrolled at the College are automatically members of the library. A student card is required to borrow resources. Student cards may be purchased at the Library if the fee was not included in your enrolment fees.
Students are entitled to borrow up-to 10 items. Loan periods for items may vary from 1 week to a Semester. You will be advised at the time of borrowing. You can also access your borrower record online to see when items are due back.
Items may be renewed up-to 5 times provided they are not overdue or reserved by other borrowers. You can renew your items in person, phone or email.
You may reserve an item when it is on loan. This can be done online or asking Library staff to place one for you. You will be notified when the item is available for collection.
All loans should be returned by the due date in good condition. Late returns cause problems for students who may be waiting for an item. Students who fail to return overdue items may be prevented from further borrowing. You will be invoiced for items not returned or returned damaged.
Not a TAFE Student?
Students currently enrolled at other educational institutions may borrow resources from our library and are subject to the same rules and regulations as other members. A current student card or proof of current enrolment must be presented. Memberships are for the current academic year only.
Members of the community may also borrow resources from the library and are subject to the same rules and regulations as other members. A small fee is charged for community membership and membership is for a year. Membership fees are paid annually.
- Respect library property and resources
- Mobile phone users should be considerate of others. Silent or vibration mode is preferred
- Should the security gate alarm sound as you pass through, be prepared to present your belongings to staff
- A borrower is responsible for all items borrowed using their card
- Items must be returned in good condition to the library by the due date
- Items must not be left in classrooms
- Items may be renewed if not reserved by another borrower
- No further items will be loaned to borrowers with overdue items
- Borrowers will be invoiced for the replacement cost of items not returned or items returned damaged, plus a non-refundable administration fee
Copying and Printing
The provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 MUST be observed at all times. Read the notices placed near photocopiers and printers.
The Learning Resource Coordinator reserves the right to withdraw privileges from any borrower not adhering to the rules of the Library.
FT - Full time
PT - Part time
FLX - Flexible
RPL - Recognition of prior learning
ONL - Online
OPL - Open learning
PRE - Preapprenticeship
APP - Apprenticeship
TRN - Traineeship
WPA - Workplace assessment