Each year, Durack offers scholarships for students undertaking full-time study at each of our five campuses. Scholarships are offered in the following categories
- Government (in collaboration with Northern Agricultural Catchments Council NACC)
- Community sponsored
- Financial hardship
Scholarships are credited towards your tuition fees, resource fees and/or accommodation expenses.
All scholarships will be advertised as they become available.
Government Funded Scholarships
For students engaged in selected Conservation and Land Management training courses - in collaboration with NACC and the Federal Government funding.
Go to Government Funded Scholarships for more information.
Aboriginal Student Scholarships
For Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students in any course linked to employment outcomes.
Go to Aboriginal Student Scholarships for more information.
Community Sponsored Scholarships
These are sponsored by local industry and community partners for students enrolled in specific courses across a range of industry areas.
Go to Community Sponsored Scholarships for more information.
Financial Hardship Scholarships
The main criteria for the recipient is financial disadvantage along with the motivation and commitment to further their education.The selection panel understands that recipients are trying to overcome circumstances which are often not of their making.
Go to Financial Hardship Scholarships for more information.
- You must first submit a written application form. You can ask for assistance from your Lecturer or Client Services
- Attach your resume or use our template
- Your application will be assessed against the eligibility criteria, taking into consideration the written application, community participation, interview and referee reports
- If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be invited to discuss your application with the selection panel, which will consist of Durack staff and industry representatives or sponsors
- You will be notified of the outcome by mail on the date that is indicated on the application
If you have any queries about this process or scholarships in general contact Client Services on 9956 2700 or email
Scholarships are not available to employees of Durack Institute of Technology.
FT - Full time
PT - Part time
FLX - Flexible
RPL - Recognition of prior learning
ONL - Online
OPL - Open learning
PRE - Preapprenticeship
APP - Apprenticeship
TRN - Traineeship
WPA - Workplace assessment